HearthStone is a self-help organization providing information, referral, guidance and support to all individuals with disabilities, their parents, families, guardians and advocates in support of community opportunities.
The organization focuses on three key areas:
- Monitor and actively engage in advocacy issues affecting individuals with disabilities and the disabilities community at large on a local, state and national level.
- Actively engage in advocacy efforts in support of vocational opportunities of all kinds for individuals with disabilities.
- Initiate and maintain cooperative relationships with legislative officials and other advocacy organizations.
- Provide free and open-to-the-public educational opportunities for individuals with disabilities, families and caregivers to keep them informed on current issues, programs and opportunities.
- HearthStone Opportunity Scholarships – provide funding for deserving individuals with disabilities to pursue post-secondary educational opportunities.
- Provide individuals with disabilities, their families and caregivers with safe, accessible, inclusive and FUN social opportunities, such as dances, bowling, parties, picnics and other community activities.
Our vision is a community where individuals with disabilities and their families achieve their highest possible level of community integration, independent living, and an enduring quality of life that is safe, secure and fulfilling.